Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gracie Day: "What You Need" (Critiques plz)
03-08-2017, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 10:45 AM by LukasL.)
Gracie Day: "What You Need" (Critiques plz)
First edition of this mix. I suspect level problems.

V2: Redid the Levels and Panning and switched to different vocal take.

Lukas Angel

.mp3   Gracie Day - What You Need.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

.mp3   Gracie Day - What You Need_2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

.mp3   Gracie Day - What You Need_3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.64 MB)

If I have reviewed your mix, I would be very happy to get a review myself.
Also if you want me to review your mix just PM me, I will gladly help!
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 09:48 PM by crownoise.)
RE: Gracie Day: "What You Need" (Critiques plz)
(03-08-2017 05:59 PM)LukasL Wrote:  First edition of this mix. I suspect level problems.

V2: Redid the Levels and Panning and switched to different vocal take.

Lukas Angel

Hey luke Smile nice to see you been at it and mixing! I think that version 2 is closer to a commersial mix, i hate it when stuf is dull and perfect just makes the song feel bland and like all the rest of really bad music out there. You need some sort of attitude and fuck the rest who says something about a db here and there, they are lying to them selves Tongue... But i do like the mode in version one but its too stale for me, and it feels very mono so i liked that you used the stereo-space in the second one Smile the snare feels a bit poky and not so full, think it needs some sort of distortion, i know my mix was a bit crazy yes, but i think this mix could benefit if the snare had some dist that makes the lower frequencies hum a litle, felt like that type of vibe of your mix Smile Otherwise they both work good so you are getting there, but i would like to hear more of what you could do to it, just my opinion Smile but they both felt professional so nice Smile
06-08-2017, 09:51 PM
(06-08-2017 09:46 PM)crownoise Wrote:  Hey luke Smile nice to see you been at it and mixing! I think that version 2 is closer to a commersial mix, i hate it when stuf is dull and perfect just makes the song feel bland and like all the rest of really bad music out there. You need some sort of attitude and fuck the rest who says something about a db here and there, they are lying to them selves Tongue... But i do like the mode in version one but its too stale for me, and it feels very mono so i liked that you used the stereo-space in the second one Smile the snare feels a bit poky and not so full, think it needs some sort of distortion, i know my mix was a bit crazy yes, but i think this mix could benefit if the snare had some dist that makes the lower frequencies hum a litle, felt like that type of vibe of your mix Smile Otherwise they both work good so you are getting there, but i would like to hear more of what you could to to it, just my opinion Smile

To be honest I like natural sounding mixes more but sometimes its good to just try stuff aswell.
And I agree with you on the snare it needs more sustain and fatness.

If you want to hear more of my mixes, then listen (if you want) to version 4 of "Back Home to Blue" it is my best mix yet imo Smile

LukasAngel

If I have reviewed your mix, I would be very happy to get a review myself.
Also if you want me to review your mix just PM me, I will gladly help!
06-08-2017, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 10:06 PM by crownoise.)
(06-08-2017 09:51 PM)LukasL Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 09:46 PM)crownoise Wrote:  Hey luke Smile nice to see you been at it and mixing! I think that version 2 is closer to a commersial mix, i hate it when stuf is dull and perfect just makes the song feel bland and like all the rest of really bad music out there. You need some sort of attitude and fuck the rest who says something about a db here and there, they are lying to them selves Tongue... But i do like the mode in version one but its too stale for me, and it feels very mono so i liked that you used the stereo-space in the second one Smile the snare feels a bit poky and not so full, think it needs some sort of distortion, i know my mix was a bit crazy yes, but i think this mix could benefit if the snare had some dist that makes the lower frequencies hum a litle, felt like that type of vibe of your mix Smile Otherwise they both work good so you are getting there, but i would like to hear more of what you could to to it, just my opinion Smile

To be honest I like natural sounding mixes more but sometimes its good to just try stuff aswell.
And I agree with you on the snare it needs more sustain and fatness.

If you want to hear more of my mixes, then listen (if you want) to version 4 of "Back Home to Blue" it is my best mix yet imo Smile

LukasAngel

Yea well of course the "professional" way would be about getting this type of sound as i also mentioned, but still i think a wrecked bass makes more sence on these kind of songs, its so boring XD...... its more fun to listen to a disted version when it comes to these types of songs. Yes i will listen to it Smile.
08-08-2017, 05:54 PM
I really liked version 2. Listening over headphones I find that you have too much left-right separation, that even though I like might be a bit too much. Also maybe the vocals could be a bit louder. But all in all I find it to be a really good mix
09-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Hello,
Pleasant mix, really smooth.
I'd make the left guitar less brillant, just to make some contrast with the vocal.
The solo at 3'10 could be louder.

Aside from that, it sounds all good for me.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: