Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: Wealthy In Time - Crownoise Mix
Hello there! Hope you like this mix, i went for a bit more natural in you're face sound with low mids intact. Cheers and please leave a comment Big Grin? Made a second master also to remove a little mud hope its good! Heard there was a bit difference in L and R channel, i could modify the guitars a bit so they are more similiar, also there is a bit ringing frequencies in the vocals around 3.5k that wasn't there before i bounced, or at least not so prominent. Also maybe i could get rid of some ringy mud in the ohs around 350, but i kinda liked it that way, when i tried to take it a way it didn't feel so driving anymore. I think my vocals are way to loud i suppose...i will do another mix and see if i can get better lvls, think i finished this one way to quickly.

.mp3    Wealthy in time 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.31 MB)

.mp3    Wealthy in time 2nd mast.mp3 --  (Download: 9.24 MB)

It's got a certain grittiness that I kinda like. Maybe it's the compression.
The kick feels a little loud and separate from the mix. It's a little too 'in your face'. I think the bass could come up a little. It's the melody of the song and could take more of the spotlight. It may have too much low mids/lows. It may be conflicting with the kick.

The guitar could be a little out front. It feels like it's in the background. It sounds live and that's cool but I think some of it's impact is getting a little smeared. I didn't check the mix in mono but I think the 'lead' guitar might had some phasing issues.

The vocal feels way too loud to me. The tone of it is cool but I think it can be brought back into the band.

Overall it's not far off. I think it just needs some balancing tweaks. Hope that helps.
(03-08-2017, 08:19 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It's got a certain grittiness that I kinda like. Maybe it's the compression.
The kick feels a little loud and separate from the mix. It's a little too 'in your face'. I think the bass could come up a little. It's the melody of the song and could take more of the spotlight. It may have too much low mids/lows. It may be conflicting with the kick.

The guitar could be a little out front. It feels like it's in the background. It sounds live and that's cool but I think some of it's impact is getting a little smeared. I didn't check the mix in mono but I think the 'lead' guitar might had some phasing issues.

The vocal feels way too loud to me. The tone of it is cool but I think it can be brought back into the band.

Overall it's not far off. I think it just needs some balancing tweaks. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the comment! I gladly accept your critic , i have made a second mix that i mixed in less then an hour and think that this mix might be closer, it might be a bit hot in mastering lvl's but would be super if you think that this mix had more of what you spoke of Smile. The gritiness is prob from my mastering-chain , have a plugin called diamond eq from acusonic that is super sweet that adds a bit of gritt.
V2 is definitely an improvement. For some reason I hear the overall compression more on this one and feel like it restrains the song too much. I think it could also do with some overall 'air' eq but that might be a result of the comp.
I still think the bass could take some of the lead spot in the mix. The focus is on the vocals and when they're not there the bass could fill in the gaps. Maybe with some automation. I think it's ok to not think of this bass as a bass. This is one of those bands with a simple line up. Just a trio and everyone needs to step up from time to time so the bass isn't just holding down the bottom.

I just found out they're from NYC. Send me an email Woodfire! I work cheap.
(04-08-2017, 02:35 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: V2 is definitely an improvement. For some reason I hear the overall compression more on this one and feel like it restrains the song too much. I think it could also do with some overall 'air' eq but that might be a result of the comp.
I still think the bass could take some of the lead spot in the mix. The focus is on the vocals and when they're not there the bass could fill in the gaps. Maybe with some automation. I think it's ok to not think of this bass as a bass. This is one of those bands with a simple line up. Just a trio and everyone needs to step up from time to time so the bass isn't just holding down the bottom.

I just found out they're from NYC. Send me an email Woodfire! I work cheap.

Yeah automation is for sure the missing puzzle piece, i agree. That is something i actually never do because i rely to much on eq/comp and also let it be dynamic when i actually don't want it to be low in volume etc. I will use automation more briefly here on i have decided, i think it can lift the songs a notch. Hehe is cheap for free or what Wink?