Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsound Late to the Party
Just found this site a little while back, and dug this track, so I'm a little late to the show. Like several others mentioned, I immediately was put off by how unbalanced the arrangement was, but I really dig this cat's voice. Kinda reminds me of Chris Cornell or even Josh Homme a bit. First thing I did was address the non-double tracked rhythm guitar track, and I got selective about when to bring in that repetitive lead motif. I wanted the guitars balanced, but fairly wide and big. The bass is just pushed through the Scheps73 EQ for a little heat and fatness. For the drums, I wanted to keep a more organic sound, so I was careful not to over-compress and kept the snare a little meaty. I did send them to an additional aux track with some drive, and that gets pushed up gently on the choruses to bump up the aggression a touch. I also automated the overhead levels, to tame the larger crashes. For the guitar solo, I duplicated the track, added additional drive and EQ on one side, and some panning and blending to fatten it up a bit. For the other two lead fill guitars I used a medium mono room reverb panned opposite to give them a little more depth. There's a little fairy dust here and there as well... Cool song.

.mp3    Take_It_Off-Samsound.mp3 --  (Download: 11.83 MB)