Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions-"One Minute Smile"
A challenging mix. I mixed this a while back when I was just starting to work "in the box". I thought I'd revisit it now that I have settled in with my system and plugins.

.mp3    Actions_One Minute Smile V4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.22 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
What's your EQ look like on the overheads? I'm impressed that you managed to get the attack on the cymbals to come through. I was not able to get them clear.
(28-07-2017, 12:48 AM)BRBWaffles Wrote: What's your EQ look like on the overheads? I'm impressed that you managed to get the attack on the cymbals to come through. I was not able to get them clear.

Thanks BRBWaffles,
I really didn't do much processing on the overheads. I did mostly volume automation to get a nice blend with the snare and toms while keeping the cymbals under control. I'll attach a screen shot.

Thumbnail(s)

(28-07-2017, 01:21 AM)Faders_up Wrote:
(28-07-2017, 12:48 AM)BRBWaffles Wrote: What's your EQ look like on the overheads? I'm impressed that you managed to get the attack on the cymbals to come through. I was not able to get them clear.

Thanks BRBWaffles,
I really didn't do much processing on the overheads. I did mostly volume automation to get a nice blend with the snare and toms while keeping the cymbals under control. I'll attach a screen shot.

Yeah, doesn't look like a lot of EQ. I think I'll have to figure out what's fighting with the attack on my mix. Good job Big Grin
Wow.... nice mix ! Really powerful ! Congrats, Faders_Up !
Marce Morales
Thanks Marce, I did one more mix with a small change on the stereo bus.
I really like your mix.
It's solid and clear-sounding.
By the way,
Can I please have a feedback on my mix of the same song?
Thank you.
(14-09-2017, 03:00 PM)AbsoluteBeginner Wrote: I really like your mix.
It's solid and clear-sounding.
By the way,
Can I please have a feedback on my mix of the same song?
Thank you.

Thanks a bunch for the listen. I will give yours a listen.