Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kamikase mix
Another full bass tone from you here, Kamikase, and more lovely creative touches too -- there's definitely some kind of wormhole joining this world with that of your mix of James May's 'If You Say'! I'd suggest anyone doing a version of this mix should have a listen to Kamikase's version, because there are so many great transitions, atmospherics and effects that it's an inspiration. The only fly in the ointment for me is that it does at times seem a bit random in its ear-candy, particularly in the last 1/3 of the arrangment -- it kind of gets a bit too distracting from what is, basically, a great song.

The other thing I like about this mix is your effects use -- a lovely blend of shorter and more techical blending and widening effects coupled with lots of carefully targeted space treatments and lovely long-tail spins. The result is a wonderful sense of depth -- there's a clearly defined foreground, with a vista behind it stretching right out to the horizon.

Another mix I could listen to all day, despite the difference in vision compared to what I've have done myself. Thanks for letting us all share this!