Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crownoise - One Minute Smile! Please feedback :):)!
Hi! Mixing here late/early Wink in Sweden. I might think i have found the balances, but didn't really nail the master i feel, but i'm happy with the mix so hope you like it! Cheers CoolBlush

.mp3    One Minute Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

Hey, there Smile

Really nice, clean mix. Love the overall drums, instruments and most of the fx choices.

Suggestion:
- Are the vocals centere? Sound slightly positioned left to me (Listening on headphones)
- Also (2:18) the vocals sound like a chorus/phaser effect was applied, I am sure its intetional (I dont like it to be honest, but its a matter of taste Big Grin) but if not just a heads up
- Kicks poke out bit, just a bit to loud
- (2:10) I would decide on which vocal part is more important and bring that out more
- I will be very stupid and say that i miss some kind of "warmth". I dont know what exactly I mean, but maybe some more lows/mid-lows.

Have fun mixing! Big Grin

Lukas Angel
(26-07-2017, 03:24 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey, there Smile

Really nice, clean mix. Love the overall drums, instruments and most of the fx choices.

Suggestion:
- Are the vocals centere? Sound slightly positioned left to me (Listening on headphones)
- Also (2:18) the vocals sound like a chorus/phaser effect was applied, I am sure its intetional (I dont like it to be honest, but its a matter of taste Big Grin) but if not just a heads up
- Kicks poke out bit, just a bit to loud
- (2:10) I would decide on which vocal part is more important and bring that out more
- I will be very stupid and say that i miss some kind of "warmth". I dont know what exactly I mean, but maybe some more lows/mid-lows.

Have fun mixing! Big Grin

Lukas Angel

Hey Luke Smile

Hm okay yeah, i was thinking about having a bit more distortion but i was afraid that it would make me overuse it haha Wink A couple of % of that might have brought more lowmid clarity. I intended on keeping it open, i also noticed after bounce the vocals whent very essy...:O ;( and a bit ringy in the highs. Thanks for your kind words and the help, i really appreciate it Smile Yes the vocals are centered, i think i had a bit of chorus to not make the vocals all to mono, that might be it, but i can't hear it haha but im also on headphones. Maybe i'm deaf Tongue. Or maybe its because i panned the second vocal to the left hehe.
Overall it feels ok. I agree that it could use some 'warmth'. I think the vocals could be a little fuller and bigger. Same with the guitars. I think they can be louder. The Drums all work for me and I think the bass is ok but it could come up or have some distortion to rough it up a bit. I think the biggest thing for me is that the mix feels a bit flat. I'd like the chorus to come up a level and have more of an impact. Maybe it's a mix bus compressor keeping things in check too much.

The vocals feel centered to me and I like the effects. They're not overdone and are a nice change in the song.

Hope that helps.
(26-07-2017, 03:42 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Overall it feels ok. I agree that it could use some 'warmth'. I think the vocals could be a little fuller and bigger. Same with the guitars. I think they can be louder. The Drums all work for me and I think the bass is ok but it could come up or have some distortion to rough it up a bit. I think the biggest thing for me is that the mix feels a bit flat. I'd like the chorus to come up a level and have more of an impact. Maybe it's a mix bus compressor keeping things in check too much.

The vocals feel centered to me and I like the effects. They're not overdone and are a nice change in the song.

Hope that helps.

Yes i agree, i think it might be because i hade some multiband compression to control the muddines, but i think i overdid it, i knew that the master wasn't perfect but time was late so i accepted it because i thought it might have translated better in other mediums Smile