Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit you 2, crownoise :)
I don't know about this one, my ears are bummed out... but i think its alot better then my last mix atleast!

.mp3    SuitYou 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

That is a seriously tight low end - the kick and bass are REALLY solid and thumping, and working well with each other! Sounds great.

The higher frequencies are still a bit harsh. You confess that your ears were bummed out by the end - when that happens you become desensitized to the high frequencies and I think that may have contributed. I'm thinking something around the 10-15K mark needs to be rolled off a little.

Also it's been mastered a bit too hot - especially in the bridge there's a bit of clipping going on. Have you got a limiter to catch anything going over 0db?
(25-07-2017, 12:52 AM)CJ Fuller Wrote: That is a seriously tight low end - the kick and bass are REALLY solid and thumping, and working well with each other! Sounds great.

The higher frequencies are still a bit harsh. You confess that your ears were bummed out by the end - when that happens you become desensitized to the high frequencies and I think that may have contributed. I'm thinking something around the 10-15K mark needs to be rolled off a little.

Also it's been mastered a bit too hot - especially in the bridge there's a bit of clipping going on. Have you got a limiter to catch anything going over 0db?

Hey CJ! thank you so much, i actually intended to aim for a super tight low end so i was working alot on keeping the attack prominent but not to sustaned when i worked my compressors, slow attack and longer release. And yes i think your analytical perspective are spot on, i actually heard there was a little to much brightness which wasn't tamed going on, i have a low cpu computer and i tend to get lazy haha, and i have a tendency of being to keen destroy transients and hf's so i was thinking about adressing it in the master but i lack a good HF limiter, i have one in trial mode but ye... Yes okay the master is a bit hot i admit also, i had a limiter at the end of the chain, but i set the attack very slow to let the bass and kick be punchy. Thanks again for your answer! Smile will listen to your mixes and give feedback Big GrinCoolAngel.