Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown: 'Flames'
Hi guys,

Tons of plug ins here and there, I also tried to fix resonances as much as i can.
Another thing is I used only DI signal (and amp plug ins on it) for bass and main guitars. Not sure if this is a good idea to drop away amps tracks.
Let me know what do you think. All help is very appreciated.

EDIT 02.23.18
Almost half year passed, so i made another attempt to mix this track and see the difference Smile Let me know what do you think.
Version name: Final_New_A

Regards
Marcin

.mp3    Black Crow - Flames Final G5.mp3 --  (Download: 12.74 MB)

.mp3    Black_Crow_Final_New_A.mp3 --  (Download: 12.76 MB)

Hi Lethan ,
Nice mix I like it ,
The electric guitar sounds nice and wide but sounds a too wide or out of phase as they disappear in mono especially the top end.
I like the punch of your drums thinking a touch more room ambiance would sound cool just to glue the kit together a little more.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hmm, basically everything is ok. Isn't it a bit dry and overall sound a bit mied scooped? The instrument balances are good. Nice effects on the lead guitars in c section. ^_^
(29-07-2017, 01:38 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Lethan ,
Nice mix I like it ,
The electric guitar sounds nice and wide but sounds a too wide or out of phase as they disappear in mono especially the top end.
I like the punch of your drums thinking a touch more room ambiance would sound cool just to glue the kit together a little more.

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks TheDon for the comment,
I did switch the phase polarity and nothing really change, but the drop down in volume is really big when in mono. Ive no idea what the problem is. God knows Smile
(29-07-2017, 06:25 AM)kapu Wrote: Hmm, basically everything is ok. Isn't it a bit dry and overall sound a bit mied scooped? The instrument balances are good. Nice effects on the lead guitars in c section. ^_^

Thanks Kapu for the listening.
Its totally dry, i think there is only reverb on vocal.
I will experiment with Fx more in the future. Not sure about mid range, but one think just came to my mind that it might be a guitar tone that doesnt works as good as i would like to. Later i will add a second version with a guitar amp track not di to compare.
Thanks again.
Cheers
After 6 months i made another attempt to mix this track. Smile Any comment very welcome. Updated in the first post.
Hey Lethan,

I like the remix much better. Good progress.

The guitars are now pretty mid heavy and maybe could cleaned up a bit.
I also think that they are mixed a bit too loud.
Bass is very cool!
Guitars feel a bit hollow in the middle, maybe add some stereo ambience?

I know this genere calls for a hot master, but maybe back off the limiter a bit so the drums could carry more punch? I think backing off the guitars will help here too.

Cheers,
LukasAngel