Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Gracie Day: "What You Need" mix
22-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Gracie Day: "What You Need" mix
So after quite some time I got around to finally mixing another song from this website. I really liked the song but it was quite a bit of a challenge to mix. For the vocals I used the AK47, for the bass the DI and the M82, the electric guitar the CU29 and for the acoustic guitar the DI and the AK47. Happy to hear your thoughts

.mp3   What you need.mp3 --  (Download: 9.8 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2017, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 10:47 AM by eclipseaudio.)
RE: Gracie Day: "What You Need" mix
Hi therecordingguy,
Nice mix ,The first thing I hearing is bottom may have a phase issue , I found the bass Di and acoustic Di are out of phase with the mic's !
At around 1.50 some distortion is coming in making it a touch lower and not be as noticeable might sit better in the mix ?

Hope this helps Smile
06-08-2017, 01:57 PM
A lovely softer version, which I like. I like the vocal treatment and it's dynamic control. Works well!
I think the acoustic guitar could have some of that top end fizz thats audible behind the vocal softened a little. I think it will help it marry into the overall softer characteristics of the song.

Well Done.
08-08-2017, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 04:47 PM by therecordingguy.)
Thanks for your comments. I added a high shelf on the acoustic guitars and took the electric guitar about 2dB back. I don't really hear any phase issues on the bass. On the contrary when I flipped the polarity the DI Signal it seemed like I had more phase issues.

Update: I made a small mistake during export so the audio starts at around 0:20

.mp3   What you need v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.32 MB)

Support my video work!
Advertisement: