Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First EDM (ever)
It can be considered my first EDM mix.
Fun and straightforward, but I don't know much about the mixing paradigms of this genre.
I had just auditioned the full Daft Punk - RAM album today by chance so it can be counted as ear training. This mix is maybe on the "undercharged" or "clean" end of EDM.
But talking about Daft Punk - RAM, I did'n insert a vocoder. I thought about it but I need to experiment first.
In this mix I initially focused on the Vox tracks, with plate, hall, flanger, delay.
The rest of the mix just fell in nicely with some minor adjustment.
Suggestions appreciated to improve my knowledge on this style.
cheers

.mp3    AMContra 01.mp3 --  (Download: 6.48 MB)

.mp3    AMContra 02.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
Watch that loose low end. It can strip the energy from the tune by turning what should be a *thud* into a *boooom*. Also, maybe a tad loud on the vocal. Try pushing them back into the mix a bit more and see how it feels to you.
Old West Audio
(21-07-2017, 08:55 AM)azwayne Wrote: Watch that loose low end. It can strip the energy from the tune by turning what should be a *thud* into a *boooom*. Also, maybe a tad loud on the vocal. Try pushing them back into the mix a bit more and see how it feels to you.

Cool, thank you.
I have to say "I knew it!"
On the low end, since it needs to be fixed and my mix room has issues with the freqs <140Hz
On the vox since I instinctively thought "less" but I was afraid the community would say "more in the face"
eh eh
cheers
from Switzerland
(21-07-2017, 08:55 AM)azwayne Wrote: Watch that loose low end. It can strip the energy from the tune by turning what should be a *thud* into a *boooom*. Also, maybe a tad loud on the vocal. Try pushing them back into the mix a bit more and see how it feels to you.

Added now a version 2 slightly adjusted, trying to address "booming" and vox presence.
cheers
from Switzerland