Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eliza Jane by James May_TSTmix
My take on this wonderful song
Mixed in Harrison Mixbus 4, no 3-part plugin
Soft and Acoustic as it should be.

Tom.

.mp3    Eliza Jane by James May Mix Practice_TSTmix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.87 MB)

DAW Harrison Mixbus 32c, Mac Mini M1, Tube HP Amp & Topping 10s DAC, OLLO S4X headphone
(18-07-2017, 01:32 PM)TST Studio Wrote: My take on this wonderful song
Mixed in Harrison Mibus 4, no 3-part plugin

Tom.

I think this mix is quite good. Got me out of my critical brain and into grooving with the song. Well done.
James May
Wow Thanks! I think most of the credit must go to Harrison Mixbus, for making the great sounding DAW.
I just tell it what to do :-)
DAW Harrison Mixbus 32c, Mac Mini M1, Tube HP Amp & Topping 10s DAC, OLLO S4X headphone
Nicely done. I do have a few questions about the level of the drums or more specifically the snare. I think the snare works well with the acoustics in this song but your snare is very washed out which I feel is a loss to the song. I think, like everyone else, you struggled with the voice level changes through the song. Sometimes they pop a bit too much out front. However your harmony blend is excellent. All the sounds are strong too.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks, Happy you like it.
About the snare,
as I told, I want to keep this soft and acoustic and focus more on the mandolin, guitars, and vocals
I did a Mix with stronger drums but like this better, when it is less dynamic on it. :-)
And about the vocal, I did some edit, but want to keep it more natural, as it would sound on a stage :-)
(20-07-2017, 11:26 PM)James May Wrote:
(18-07-2017, 01:32 PM)TST Studio Wrote: My take on this wonderful song
Mixed in Harrison Mibus 4, no 3-part plugin

Tom.

I think this mix is quite good. Got me out of my critical brain and into grooving with the song. Well done.

I will mix some more of your music, that I found :-)
I really like your music!