Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eliza Jane by James May_TSTmix
18-07-2017, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 06:12 AM by TST Studio.)
Eliza Jane by James May_TSTmix
My take on this wonderful song
Mixed in Harrison Mixbus 4, no 3-part plugin
Soft and Acoustic as it should be.

Tom.

.mp3   Eliza Jane by James May Mix Practice_TSTmix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.87 MB)

DAW Harrison Mixbus Standard, Mac Pro, Audinst HUD-MX2 DAC, OLLO audio Play2Me headphone system and Prodipe studio monitor with the 10" sub.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: Eliza Jane by James May_TSTmix
(18-07-2017 01:32 PM)TST Studio Wrote:  My take on this wonderful song
Mixed in Harrison Mibus 4, no 3-part plugin

Tom.

I think this mix is quite good. Got me out of my critical brain and into grooving with the song. Well done.

James May
21-07-2017, 02:49 AM
Wow Thanks! I think most of the credit must go to Harrison Mixbus, for making the great sounding DAW.
I just tell it what to do :-)

DAW Harrison Mixbus Standard, Mac Pro, Audinst HUD-MX2 DAC, OLLO audio Play2Me headphone system and Prodipe studio monitor with the 10" sub.
22-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Nicely done. I do have a few questions about the level of the drums or more specifically the snare. I think the snare works well with the acoustics in this song but your snare is very washed out which I feel is a loss to the song. I think, like everyone else, you struggled with the voice level changes through the song. Sometimes they pop a bit too much out front. However your harmony blend is excellent. All the sounds are strong too.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
on RDS Server with Dante Via (ask for details)
[email protected]

22-07-2017, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 08:09 AM by TST Studio.)
Thanks, Happy you like it.
About the snare,
as I told, I want to keep this soft and acoustic and focus more on the mandolin, guitars, and vocals
I did a Mix with stronger drums but like this better, when it is less dynamic on it. :-)
And about the vocal, I did some edit, but want to keep it more natural, as it would sound on a stage :-)

22-07-2017, 08:52 AM
(20-07-2017 11:26 PM)James May Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:32 PM)TST Studio Wrote:  My take on this wonderful song
Mixed in Harrison Mibus 4, no 3-part plugin

Tom.

I think this mix is quite good. Got me out of my critical brain and into grooving with the song. Well done.

I will mix some more of your music, that I found :-)
I really like your music!

Support my video work!
Advertisement: