Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Mirtes's One Minute Smile Mix
You might be surprised at what I did in this mix. Think of mixing at a bare minimum.

For this song, I mixed it as a Thunder pop sort of thing. I did this when I was in college, just a few months ago.

Please feel free to give feedback.

Daniel Mirtes Big Grin

.mp3    One Minute Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 5.04 MB)

Well yes I'm surprised at the effects used on the mix. Some of the effects used work but I feel most don't, but I don't want to put down your mix because you were bold in your attempt to create something different. The vocals from 1.57 are barely audible and the kick drums sounds very disconnected from the rest of the mix.
(06-07-2013, 08:23 PM)sano Wrote: Well yes I'm surprised at the effects used on the mix. Some of the effects used work but I feel most don't, but I don't want to put down your mix because you were bold in your attempt to create something different. The vocals from 1.57 are barely audible and the kick drums sounds very disconnected from the rest of the mix.

I meant to do that @ 1:57. I wanted to have the audience go into singing the bridge;

"We've been searchin'
For that feelin'
We've been searchin' for."

I turned down the singer lady there because it was improv lines. I felt it wasn't really important.