Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fifth Mix / Heart Peripheral
Hi everyoneSmile,

Approx. a week ago I mixed my first track and I definitely feel a bit progression after such a short time. So here's my fifth mix!

I appreciate every comment/advice/feedback from you. You don't need to listen to the whole track, just write anything that pops up into your mind while listening.Angel

Aloha
xlriver

.mp3    AmContro HeartPeripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 3.88 MB)

Some basic comments...

Needs a little more low end. There's very little in my subwoofer. Remember that here in the verse, all the low end comes from the synth bass. In the chorus, there's a bass guitar that gets added in. These have different amounts of low end in them and that's tricky to get balanced.

In much of this mix, there are plenty of vocals (too much, really), decent amount of drums but not a whole lot else.

The mix also lacks "punch". That can be a sign of excess compression (attack times too short, ratio to high, or threshold too low, or a combination.) It can also be that the driving elements aren't present enough in the mix. (Level and EQ.)

So this is a start. From what you posted, you were able to make observations as you went along that changed how you approached various aspects of this tune. That's good!

Keep working and keep moving forward!
Old West Audio