Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape,Duty & Memories new mix
New mix, all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Perpetual Escape,Duty & Memories new mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.64 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape,Duty & Memories new mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.73 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape,Duty & Memories new mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.69 MB)

Hey !

It's hard to be very objective on your mix because of the bottom snare track: it adds a lot of artifacts (a lot of snare wires buzzes when I hit other drum shells) and brings a lot of cymbal bleed so it's very distractive.

I think you overcompressed the drum loop in the verses. It has lost a lot of punch and low end. Was it on purpose ?

I like the guitar and bass tone, but again, once you'll fix the drums their qualities will be more obvious Wink

Keep it up !
(16-07-2017, 11:04 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

It's hard to be very objective on your mix because of the bottom snare track: it adds a lot of artifacts (a lot of snare wires buzzes when I hit other drum shells) and brings a lot of cymbal bleed so it's very distractive.

I think you overcompressed the drum loop in the verses. It has lost a lot of punch and low end. Was it on purpose ?

I like the guitar and bass tone, but again, once you'll fix the drums their qualities will be more obvious Wink

Keep it up !
Thanks Mandubien for your comment and much understood what you are saying, done a mix 2 Smile

I think you forgot to attach your version 2 :p
(17-07-2017, 12:11 AM)Mandubien Wrote: I think you forgot to attach your version 2 :p
Sorry had a few problems,now uploaded and all comments are welcomed.
Hi Cudjoe ,
Listening to version 2 sounds pretty good and well balanced ,In the intro maybe a touch less 100-200 on the electric and a touch more 2-3k , Thinking A touch more punch and top end on the drums throughout song especially the snare and toms would sound awesome !
probably personal taste things on my monitors !
Nice work !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey !

That's much better Smile Now I think the drum shell could deserve more clarity and brightness. The hats have a constant "ssssss" pretty aggressive.

The drum loop is way much better now Smile You can try some little distortion on it if you want it to be more aggressive.

Keep it up Smile
(21-07-2017, 12:24 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

That's much better Smile Now I think the drum shell could deserve more clarity and brightness. The hats have a constant "ssssss" pretty aggressive.

The drum loop is way much better now Smile You can try some little distortion on it if you want it to be more aggressive.

Keep it up Smile
Thanks for your comments Mandubien i have made some adjustments,i have added some more grit to the loop and tried to tame more of the sssss,all comments are welcomed.