Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines - Sleep by the Fire, Bloom in Water BEEFY MIX
I enjoyed mixing this one. Not been on here for a while as I've been so busy but finally got round to looking at this..

Tight arrangement and good tune. I didn't use any samples or anything other than the ones that came with the session as to try and stick to their vision with. Spent about 4/5 hours on the mix..

I'm happy with how it's come out, you may think otherwise! Let me know if you hear anything untoward Wink

Cheers
BB

.mp3    Forkupines - Sleep By the Fire APGmix1.0 LIM.mp3 --  (Download: 7.84 MB)

Nice mix.

Tad heavy on the sub but interestingly when I cut my sub, I lose a lot of the power from the bass. Seems like there's not enough in the 125Hz range. Maybe another 1-2 dB in that area.

Might want to reduce the verb on the vocal and brighten it up a hair. Sounds too distant to my tastes.
The kick drum at ~2:35 could use a little more. Been a while since I did this one but I think I heard that in my mix and did some chopping there to add in a low tom hit on those.
Old West Audio
(18-07-2017, 04:16 AM)azwayne Wrote: Nice mix.

Tad heavy on the sub but interestingly when I cut my sub, I lose a lot of the power from the bass. Seems like there's not enough in the 125Hz range. Maybe another 1-2 dB in that area.

Might want to reduce the verb on the vocal and brighten it up a hair. Sounds too distant to my tastes.
The kick drum at ~2:35 could use a little more. Been a while since I did this one but I think I heard that in my mix and did some chopping there to add in a low tom hit on those.

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated. I will come back to this at some point and do a revision, so I'll have a look at the points you raised..

Cheers
BB