I thank Mandubien and Perpetual Escape
I thank Mike Senior.

Again, I mixed them all from the beginning
I was able to learn a lot in this work mix
It was a little difficult task
I will make this mix the last work

Thank you for listening

Yoshi

.mp3    IntoMyDreams-Yoshi- mix5.mp3 --  (Download: 36.62 MB)

.mp3    IntoMyDreams-Yoshi- mix6.mp3 --  (Download: 34.43 MB)

.mp3    Into My Dreams-Yoshi-Competition-mix.mp3 --  (Download: 35.29 MB)

I have been released from the limits of the system in this song

Thank you for listening

.mp3    IntoMyDreams-Yoshi- mix6.mp3 --  (Download: 34.43 MB)

Hi Yoshi ! I'm Florian, drummer of Perpetual Escape and original mix engineer. Thank you for mixing our song Smile

Here's my critique for your mix:

- Drums: have you gated the overheads ? They have weird artifacts. After I hit a crash it's like they totally disappear ?
I really like the sound of the kick Smile Toms are great too but overcompressed. Back off the compressor a little bit so they can breath more.
The snare could deserve more punch. Feel free to add any samples that will help the snare to sound bigger.
The hi hats have some aggressive hi frequencies. You can use a low pass, or even a deesser to make it sound smoother.

- Bass: I feel it's a bit buried behind the kick. I would suggest you to use complementary EQ between the kick and the bass so they will work together. Don't be afraid to have the bass a bit louder, we love having the bass pretty loud Wink

- Guitars: they sound a bit subtle in the mix but mainly because of the vocals which are too loud. So once you will have turn the vocals down a few dB, the guitars will have more space. Careful sometimes with the volume of some guitars. For example, in the first solo, the guitar is quieter than the electric piano while it should be upfront as it's a lead. So just make sure every guitar is at its right volume in each part of the song.
In general, your lead guitars are a little bit aggressive. You can try some EQ dip in the 2k-4k area, or even a deesser can do the trick.

- Keys: you placed them as the most important instruments. It can work but I think it's too much here. Back them off a little bit so they will sit nicely in your mix. You can add some reverb also to make them sound larger.

- Vocals: I really like how you mixed Anaïs voice. She has a voice which is not easy to EQ. You did well here ! Careful in the choruses when both singers are here. They are co leaders so Laurent should be as loud as Anaïs is.
In general, your vocals need more automation because of the volume jumps. In second verse the lead vocals are super loud, while in the prechorus they're at the right volume. Then in the chorus Anaïs is super loud...
On last little thing: Anaïs has strong sibilances, so I would suggest you to deess her voice more.

That's all for me Smile I hope you had fun with these tracks, and I'm looking forward to hearing your revised mix.

Cheers
Florian - Perpetual Escape.
Hi Mandubien

Thanks for the advice
Again, I re-mixed
I was able to learn a lot in this work
I spent a lot of time and had a fulfilling time
I challenged to understand your musicality
Thank you for offering great songs

Thank you very much

Yoshi

.mp3    Into My Dreams-Yoshi-Competition-mix.mp3 --  (Download: 35.29 MB)