Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atrophy
I did this mix a year ago and decided to remix and compare.

.mp3    Atrophy2017.mp3 --  (Download: 12.07 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy2016.mp3 --  (Download: 12.12 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
The difference between the two mixes is great. The 2016 definitely sounds a lot boxier. Your 2017 sounds really nice, but I think the drums are a bit too loud during the verses and your vox are a bit quiet during the verses as well (I am well aware that my vox are way too hot in my mix, so I am a little hesitant to bring up the fact that yours are a bit too low, hah). Your guitars hit really hard during the chorus, and your tones are nice.

Nice work man.

Draper

(13-07-2017, 12:20 AM)loweche6 Wrote: The difference between the two mixes is great. The 2016 definitely sounds a lot boxier.

Nice work man.

Draper

Im stoked about the drums and hate my vocals. I couldnt get them right. The 1khz of the vox really needs attention. This is a tough mix all together.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
2017 mix is definitely an improvement and sounds pretty good on my monitors .
one minor thing I'm hearing some subtle LF reverb on the drums especially the tom's which could be clouding up the mid bass a touch somewhere below 300hz area ?

Well Done Big Grin

Cheers Smile

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I'm hearing some subtle LF reverb on the drums especially the tom's which could be clouding up the mid bass a touch somewhere below 300hz area ?

Well Done Big Grin

Cheers Smile

[/quote]

Ahhh, you know what that is, its East West Spaces convolution reverb.

Abandoned Abby 6.0 decay.

Good ears because I checked and its 550hz. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing but this mix is done but will never be done, if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the feedback. If I go back I'll try notching out the 550hz. a little and see how it sounds.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1