Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Fergessen/Back From The Start - Indie Mix
Really happy how this mix came out please give it a listen, and as always I LOVE any Feedback good or bad,Thanks-Dehumbugger

.mp3    Fergessen_BackFromTheStart.mp3 --  (Download: 6.01 MB)

Great mix, I like the ambience. Feels a little bit rolling stones alike Big Grin

My suggestions:

-the drums are a bit boxy/too tight and could be more open, at least in the intro.
-the mix could be more spread in the stereo-field sounds a bit too much centered
-more distortion would fit this kind of music very well I think. At least the guitars could have been a bit more dirty.

Aloha
xlriver
(12-07-2017, 03:40 PM)xlriver Wrote: Great mix, I like the ambience. Feels a little bit rolling stones alike Big Grin

My suggestions:

-the drums are a bit boxy/too tight and could be more open, at least in the intro.
-the mix could be more spread in the stereo-field sounds a bit too much centered
-more distortion would fit this kind of music very well I think. At least the guitars could have been a bit more dirty.

Aloha
xlriver

Thank you!! Experimented with Soundtoys Microshift to try to get more stereo spread on this one but as you pointed out it could definitely use more width. Didnt even think of dirtying up the guitars good call! The drum stems were insanely bad had to a lot of work to get them to where they are haha. Thanks for the feedback man! Would love to hear some of your mixes too!
(12-07-2017, 03:52 PM)DeHumbugger Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 03:40 PM)xlriver Wrote: Great mix, I like the ambience. Feels a little bit rolling stones alike Big Grin

My suggestions:

Aloha
xlriver

Thank you!! Experimented with Soundtoys Microshift to try to get more stereo spread on this one but as you pointed out it could definitely use more width. Didnt even think of dirtying up the guitars good call! The drum stems were insanely bad had to a lot of work to get them to where they are haha. Thanks for the feedback man! Would love to hear some of your mixes too!

Sure check them out! In case you don't know how to find them -> Click on my name ->Forum Info -> total posts -> all threads -> there they are.Angel

Aloha
xlriver

Wow. great mix!
Love the drums and the effects. it sounds great
It's true the stereo treatment is a little safe (like, things are either pretty quite mono or faux stereo) but it works here. This is an almost flawless mix, modern sounding but with a nice touch of Primal Scream/Spiritualized. Maybe the gospel like vocals could have used some more width (though the mono reverb works great) and last refrain guitar plays some half hearted notes that takes some focus from the hook and should have been hidden with some automation. But still, superb job!