Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snowmine Curfews (Sano mix)
05-07-2013, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 11:16 PM by sano.)
Snowmine Curfews (Sano mix)
My go at this great song.

.m4a   Snowmine Curfews (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 8.03 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 11:47 PM by thedon.)
RE: Snowmine Curfews (Sano mix)
Nice sounding mix ,the vocal sounds a bit sound soft on my system, The effects sound great !
The stereo effect at 2.33 is a little loud and even louder when played in mono Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

06-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for listening. The vocals were a little on the soft side, I raised them a little. The effect you mentioned I lowered in volume to blend in better.

.m4a   Snowmine Curfews 2 (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

06-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Fantastic job sounds great Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

09-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Maybe it's just me being a drummer and all, but the first thing that struck me about this mix was the lack of punch and body in the drums. I also would have liked to hear the guitars showcased a little more, and the percussion (tambo and shaker) brought down about 4-6db. I do enjoy the way you've treated the tack, synths, and atmospheric sounds in the background though -- I think they fit in the mix superbly and really help in establishing the atmosphere and imaging of your mix here. However, I couldn't help but feel that the ambience could have been enhanced with a bit more sweetness on the vocal...perhaps experiment with a bit more compression and some reverbs/delays?

Pretty smooth mix though overall! I would appreciate you checking out my version of the song as well if you get the chance. Smile
Visit this user's website
15-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for your comments cjbee. I think maybe your right about the guitars and they could be brought up and out a little more. Glad you like the synths, I worked on them first to create the atmosphere and then built the rest of the mix around them.
09-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Listened mix 2.
Interesting version this - when used to hear doubletracked vox all the way through the single voice sound very thin and difrent.
And modern. Which is in no way bad, just difrent for me
I like a lot about this, what would open it more up for me would be some fade in/out, pointing the listener to difrent instruments, aka automatin more. Its a static mix ?
The sound is clear, kick is clear and better soundin than mine (doesnt take much to do that ...)
I find the bas is lackin a bit in volume, as I find it drives the song some sections loose rhythmic feel for me.
thx for the listen !

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
09-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your comments voelund. As for your question on whether it was a static mix, I can't remember as it was quite a while since I mixed it. I would normally have at least some automation going on but listening back now I can see why you would ask the question. I'm guessing there was very little used on this one.

I do remember this was a great song and a joy to mix. Smile

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: