Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im alright , hard mix :D
Hey! this is my second mix, hope you like it and it isn't to hard on the ears, tried to keep the transient when mastering. (mixing with headphones)

.mp3    Im alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Intresting take on this...
Like the cool delay on the secondary guitar but the "telephone" vocal isnt working imo

- Drums slightly loud, but great tone
- Hard Left Guitar sounds wierdly EQ'd
- Also there is a balance issue because the Left Side is dominated (Main Guitar)

I would suggest checking your headphones frequency response curve and get a software that can flatten it because the mix sounds kinda mid-heavy to my ears.

Have fun mixing Smile

LukasAngel
(10-07-2017, 07:15 PM)LukasL Wrote: Intresting take on this...
Like the cool delay on the secondary guitar but the "telephone" vocal isnt working imo

- Drums slightly loud, but great tone
- Hard Left Guitar sounds wierdly EQ'd
- Also there is a balance issue because the Left Side is dominated (Main Guitar)

I would suggest checking your headphones frequency response curve and get a software that can flatten it because the mix sounds kinda mid-heavy to my ears.

Have fun mixing Smile

LukasAngel

Thanks for the feedback Smile!
What are you using to monitor with? Let's start there.
Lovely to hear your mix, there's just some my personal opinion.

1. Hihat is too loud, otherwise the drum is sound good.
2. I think you might be low cut too much on the vocals? The lower frequency of the vocal seem lost, it sound thin and unnatural.
3. Left and Right volume quite unbalanced, most sound is panned to left and is loud, could have more on the right.
4. Vocal sound distance far than those instruments, for me I still prefer vocal to be more upfront.

Wish you have fun and we are learning together, keep it up!

(29-07-2017, 08:46 PM)gckhai Wrote: Lovely to hear your mix, there's just some my personal opinion.

1. Hihat is too loud, otherwise the drum is sound good.
2. I think you might be low cut too much on the vocals? The lower frequency of the vocal seem lost, it sound thin and unnatural.
3. Left and Right volume quite unbalanced, most sound is panned to left and is loud, could have more on the right.
4. Vocal sound distance far than those instruments, for me I still prefer vocal to be more upfront.

Wish you have fun and we are learning together, keep it up!

Thankyou for the feedback and yes we will get good!! haha Smile Listen to my second mix and comment if you like would love to hear you're opinions! I will check some of your mixes and help you out aswell Smile.