Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIN 6
Huh

16/07/2017 add version with punch (master2.mp3)

.mp3    sin6_test16_m5.5_mastered_exiter.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

.mp3    sin6_master2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

Hey ! I'm PE's drummer and original mix engineer. Thank you for mixing our music

Technically, your mix is fine : nice EQ moves, kick and bass works well together. Some guitars are a bit upfront but it's not a huge problem. The backing vocals are nicely placed behind the lead ones.

The only thing that really jump out is the lack of punch. It's very weak. I think it mostly comes from the drums. Have you used any compression ?
Hi, Florian! Thanks for music of your band ;-)

I am a beginning mix engineer. I like to do it for my self-education.

Thanks for your feedback, i am agree with your words. I play the electric guitar sometime. Maybe this is the reason of guitars play upfront in the mix Angel

Yes, all of my mixes doesn't have punch and drive. I don't know how to do it yet.

I used compression only for kick and bass and used automation for all tracks.
If you start mixing, I strongly suggest you to read/watch tons of articles/videos to understand the basics of EQ and compression. Of course Mike Senior and SOS magazine already have great articles you can easily find, and also go check The Recording Revolution of Graham Cochrane. I used these two resources when I started few years ago.
The best advice I can give you is to practice again and again and again.
Thanks for your recommendations. I watched video about compression for the punch yesterday. I'll try to fix it in the mix soon.
I consider that i understand basic principles of the mixing, but I don't know how to correctly apply certain things for a good result.
add version with punch