Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart Preiphal - AZ Mix
Okay, sick of workin' on this one so here's my version. Wink

Note: This is a limited mix. Watch your playback volume!

Not necessarily my best work but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after a long hiatus from mixing and my ears haven't yet decided to get with the program.

Things I found while working on this mix...

1) It was tough to separate everything. Carefull notching applies.
2) The synth bass is hard to get distinct. Fortunately, the bass and sub bass parts don't share components so I was able to clone this track and put hp/lp filters at about 90Hz and then blend them back together after individual processing.
3) That synth doesn't do so well once it's been put through a limiter. Had to put a good dip at 6kHz to keep it from becoming all splattery.
4) The vocal performances were not very precise and as a result, it was hard to get them to be clear and punchy without also being poppy and clicky. I finally gave up and settled on the happy medium.

Random other lesser things, but that's the bulk of it. Comments, suggestions, remarks, and general ridicule are welcome. Smile

.mp3    heart-peripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

Old West Audio
Great Mix! I really like the vocals in the chorus there're pretty big and the jump from verse to chorus feels great.

Suggestions:

- I don't like the strong chorus on the vox in the verse that's a bit too much I think and feels unnatural

- Imho the bass is slightly too loud, at least in the verses

Overall... awesome mixCool, much better than mine in terms of flow and vibe.
I mix since approx. a week (this is my fifth mix) and would be glad if you could check out mine too.Angel

Aloha
xlriver

.mp3    AmContro HeartPeripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 3.88 MB)