Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Into My Dreams' kapu mix
(06-08-2017, 10:28 PM)kapu Wrote: Hmm... If I, for some unfortunate reason, would have to change the level of an individual track when deploying this Al Schmidt technique, should I ride the gains or faders?
It's easy, you just have to rerecord everthing in the best possible studio with best possible mics with correctly balanced levels. Second choise is what we "not so successful al-schmittians" tend to prefer: leave everthing as it is - it's not your fault - and find some suitable forum where you can complain about the quality of provided tracks.

(07-08-2017, 02:16 PM)Olli H Wrote: It's easy, you [...]

My thoughts exactly! Although I would replace the term 'best possible' with 'absolutely the best' and also hire more and better musicians and an international team of arrangers and producers. And just to be sure I would re-record everything in a vacuum to eliminate room modes, and at -60 dBFS levels to a digital tape to preserve the dynamics, and to get that tape saturation and warmth and digital precision at the same time. Just like the big successful guys do based on the information available on the Internet. ^_^
[insert generic complaint here intended to compensate for inadequate skills]

Wink
Old West Audio
(08-08-2017, 12:29 AM)azwayne Wrote: [insert generic complaint here intended to compensate for inadequate skills]

Wink

point taken. ^_^