Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Into My Dreams' kapu mix
Nice 'Dark Side' vibe with this song. ^_^

.m4a    new_critique_revised_epicnessed_mix.m4a --  (Download: 38.47 MB)

Since this turned out to be a open competition, I thought I could do a more careful work with this, so I uploaded a more refined version. ^_^
A wonderful version. Well done. Great environment and superbly elegant.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-07-2017, 04:36 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: A wonderful version. [...]

Thanks. Tried to follow the Dark Side of the Moon / The Wall / Final Fantasy / Led Zeppelin / RATM / Guns N Roses / Power Metal / etc ... -things I'm hearing. 'Elegancy,' I guess it's first time for everything. But yes, went the laborious way with the automation and all that. ^_^

Turned out to be a total about 200 tracks with buses included. Had I done this with Logic 9 the session filename would have been something like 'perpe_filling_the_egg_hole_(crashed_crashed_crashed_crashed...).lpp'
Really its punchy and on the face. I like it.Smile
Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
(08-07-2017, 08:08 AM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote: Really its punchy [...]

Thanks! I did a louder in 'your face' type master of the new mix, and replaced the older louder master, as it had some nasty qualities. ^_^
I thought about entering...
Then I listened to your mix....
Well, maybe I can make second place...
Then I listened to the others and decided I wont win anything xD

(And just to be clear I know this is not the point but rather improving and stuffs, just saying that your mix rocks in a creative way)

(And also trying to get your attention so you feel like you should listen to my mixes and critque them)

Seriously this is great!

LukasAngel
(11-07-2017, 08:54 PM)LukasL Wrote: I thought about entering... [...]

Thanks! I'm sure there will be lots of great mixes, yours included, and I'll be sure to review your mix. ^_^
Hi Kapu

Nice ambiance,and good job
For me kick are too hot in my opinion, too much bass heavy ( 40 – 50 hz range), its mask the rest of the drum and instruments
Maybe too much effect on some voice , there are lost sometime

Thats my opinion on my monitor !!! Wink
(12-07-2017, 09:43 PM)dbfeenix Wrote: Hi Kapu [...]

Thanks! You might be right about the subs of kick, even though I've already revised it lower already. Still, I think it survived the car tests, where I have the standard disco smile sound of an average yet not too bad factory car sound system. In the double kick part I could indeed automate it a bit down. Thanks for your feedback. ^_^