Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SlowDown
my mix
Love your mix sounds good , the kick sounds a touch loose in context of the mix maybe using a gate to tighten it up and taming some ringing hollow frequencies 130-160hz area.

well done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(23-06-2017, 10:01 AM)thedon Wrote: Love your mix sounds good , the kick sounds a touch loose in context of the mix maybe using a gate to tighten it up and taming some ringing hollow frequencies 130-160hz area.

well done Big Grin

[the kick sounds a touch loose ] yup you right, thanks for the feedbackWink
Good mix overall.

Strikes me that the vocals could use a bit more body. The backing vocals could stand to come up a hair in that first run. I like them being subdued like that but they still need to be forward enough so that you're not guessing at what they're saying. I would also look at bringing up the mid-range on the bass guitar. That's the main driver of the groove and the first rule of a good mix should generally be, "Find the most important part of the mix, what drives the groove, what compels you to listen and emphasize it!" Also, you'll want to remember to trim randomness from the ends of a tune (like the comments she made.) Passable for a demo but not for a final as these mixes are intended to be.

My 43 cents. (Inflation is a bear, ain't it?)
Old West Audio
(23-06-2017, 09:01 AM)gama042083 Wrote: my mix

HI ,
I like your Mix . I am new to mixing . Can you advise the tempo & Scale of this song ?? Thank you .
I'm not into the cavernous reverb on the vocals.
It seems to be just lying across the band there no matter what detail the band is playing.
Also, I noticed it's on the toms too...
Try less verb and maybe add delay in tempo at a low level on the lead voc instead, couple of repeats in 1/4.
Regards to all

famousbass