Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flames - Powerful HardRock Mix
This was a really good song to work on. Everything was Recoded very well, So that made it flow easy, once you got an idea of what they were going for.

For The drums. I found that samples where all most mix ready from the start. Not a lot of processing on them. First a bussed them into a drum bus. Then bussed the 3 Kick tracks into one. All 4 snare tracks into one snare bus. Got a good mix of the low and high on the kick.for the snare I made the first two tracks mono and the last two stereo and mixed them into a good sounding snare. Did some EQing on the overheads I tried to get that shine. Then On the drum bus I used the Slate virtual mix rack. Added EQ and compression.

For the Bass, I used both the Amped and DI track. Bused them into one track. For the amped track I cut a lot of the low end and used it as a dirty track. Then on the DI I used Guitar Rig 5 bass pro for a power Low end sound. Got a nice powerful low end.

For The Guitars. I ended up using both amped and DI tracks. On the amped Tracks not much on them but a HP at 120. The DI tracks I used Amplitude 4 with a Soldano amp. I bypassed the cab and used an Impulse modeled after Staind. Bussed them to a guitar bus with some reverb and EQ.

For the Vocals. The lead track I used the CLA-3A for Comp. Then the CLA Vocals for EQ, Reverb, and Slap. Really been loving the CLA plugins. The backup vocals I just used CLA-3A comp and CLA Vocals. Panned one 80 left and one 80 right. Then Mixed it all together tell I thought it sounded just right.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for checking out my mix.

.mp3    The Black Crown - Flames (Mix 01).mp3 --  (Download: 12.27 MB)

Hey dude,

also a really huge fan of the CLA Plugs here Smile

Really like your mix.
Yeah I always use the cla-2a and 3a, but during one mix, I tried the cla-guitar on the guitar bus and loved it. It does something to it lol. I use it for Reverb and added bite all the time now. I'm glad you liked the mix too. Was a good song to work with.

(27-06-2017, 07:53 PM)WhiteWolf25 Wrote: Hey dude,

also a really huge fan of the CLA Plugs here Smile

Really like your mix.

Great mix man!
i love the power of the bass guitar in your mix.
Thanks. this just had to have that low in power to drive the song.

(28-06-2017, 10:03 AM)Dvorak_Kratos Wrote: Great mix man!
i love the power of the bass guitar in your mix.