Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm All Right opinions.
Fairly new to the production side of things (less than a month) and looking to gain some input. Tell me what you all think. Thanks!!

.mp3    I\'m All Right.mp3 --  (Download: 4.26 MB)

(20-06-2017, 01:18 AM)Fate 4344 Wrote: Fairly new to the production side of things (less than a month) and looking to gain some input. Tell me what you all think. Thanks!!

This is good just to be doing this for a month, but you asked for some feedback. Remember that we all have different preferences in what sound nice, so this is my opinion:

This is a rock song, so I would tried to make the snare "heavier". It's a little bit tiny. Same for the kick, do some parallel compression and it will get the push and attack it needs.

The acoustic rhythm guitar could be brighter, especially in the beginning. Try to subtract a db or two around 300-400 Hz and add some at 2.8-3 kHz.

Try some gain automation on the piano track. The piano have some nice elements that could be amplified a bit, though your piano are generally louder than other mixes. Many people forget to listen to every instrument to see if there are some elements/details that could do the mix more interesting.

Thats for a start. :-)

Steinar

Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(20-06-2017, 04:24 PM)sthauge Wrote:
(20-06-2017, 01:18 AM)Fate 4344 Wrote: Fairly new to the production side of things (less than a month) and looking to gain some input. Tell me what you all think. Thanks!!

This is good just to be doing this for a month, but you asked for some feedback. Remember that we all have different preferences in what sound nice, so this is my opinion:

This is a rock song, so I would tried to make the snare "heavier". It's a little bit tiny. Same for the kick, do some parallel compression and it will get the push and attack it needs.

The acoustic rhythm guitar could be brighter, especially in the beginning. Try to subtract a db or two around 300-400 Hz and add some at 2.8-3 kHz.

Try some gain automation on the piano track. The piano have some nice elements that could be amplified a bit, though your piano are generally louder than other mixes. Many people forget to listen to every instrument to see if there are some elements/details that could do the mix more interesting.

Thats for a start. :-)

Steinar

Thank you for the feedback, that's exactly the type of helpful information I was looking to get.