Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd rather be Drinkin'
Great players, refreshing. Not my go-to genre.
Corrected one or two phase issues, channel stripped each track, fattened the bass, master bus comp and a touch of saturation. Not sure I got the guitar EQ's right.

.mp3    I\'d Rather be Drinkin\'.mp3 --  (Download: 3.19 MB)

Hi YAM,

Overall pretty good for my ears. I feel though, that the drums are somewhat overpowering the mix. Perhaps it has to do with the guitars being panned so wide also, not sure. If you flick the mix to mono, you'll hear what I mean. The drums are emphasized and the guitars fall away. Tonally, I like the mix a lot, maybe just some balance issues in this regard though.Smile

Dave
(18-06-2017, 12:31 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi YAM,

Overall pretty good for my ears. I feel though, that the drums are somewhat overpowering the mix. Perhaps it has to do with the guitars being panned so wide also, not sure. If you flick the mix to mono, you'll hear what I mean. The drums are emphasized and the guitars full away. Tonally, I like the mix a lot, maybe just some balance issues in this regard though.Smile

Dave

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I will try what you suggest, that's something I didn't do, check in Mono.