Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan Song (FisheeRecords Mix)
Welcome!

I am more than glad to post my 2nd mix here and will sure post more of my final mixes soon.
Last post I didn't really explain my approach to the mix so I thought I'd do it this time before you hear the actual track.

I usually go for BIG, spread and wide mixes and try to emphasize the key instruments of the song/band. This specific mix was pretty interesting to work on because the guitars were recorded in such way that you MUST create a wider spectrum to compliment the drums and cellos.

I hope you like my mix here any input will be appreciated Smile

Enjoy!

.mp3    JASong-FR_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Just observations- not criticism. Very stereo, very wide like you said. Sounds very forward too.
- Anything pure mono? Sounds like one of your guitars is
- What frequency are most of your guitars playing at?
(19-06-2017, 02:10 AM)Mrjoe01 Wrote: Just observations- not criticism. Very stereo, very wide like you said. Sounds very forward too.
- Anything pure mono? Sounds like one of your guitars is
- What frequency are most of your guitars playing at?

Thank you for your input mate.
You have good ears in terms of the mono guitar in the center.
To be honest with you, all guitars are in mono channels. I chose not to bounce them to stereo files since I wanted to play a little with the guitar parts and affect each side differently. So the guitars are mostly panned left and right with some reverb and delay on top of them.

Regarding the "in your face" kinda sound - I am very happy you're saying that since this is what I wanted to achieve, a punchy mix with a wide stereo image.

Regarding frequencies: It's hard for me to tell you exactly on "what frequencies the guitars are playing" since I am using additive EQ and if I'm using subtractive EQ, it's only for problematic frequencies.

I don't believe in changing the original input (unless this is what I'm looking for).

Hope that answered your questions regarding my approach. I would be happy to know if you liked the mix though Big Grin