Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Atlantis Bound - It was my fault for waiting
my try on mixing this song. pls give me a feedback Smile

.mp3    Atlantis BoundMP3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.85 MB)

Hi DM, overall the mix seems to be hitting the limiter too hard and distorting the mix too much. The bass is overpowering the rhythm guitars, I found automating the level of the bass throughout the track helped it to fit into the mix better and affords you some headroom on the limiter, cutting 200-400Hz on the bass will also big help in that regard. The dirty rhythm guitars can also benefit from a multiband compressor stomping down on the 280 Hz region to keep them tight. The lead guitar tone is great sounding, cut back on the reverb during the solo and automate it up a couple of dBs to let it sing out a bit more. During the verses automate down the dirty guitars and let the clean guitars shine to change up the feel between verse and chorus a little more. During the piano chorus make the vocal more dry sounding and let the piano and fx provide the atmospheric element in that section.

Overall this should be a good base to work from and improve on for future revisions, keep it up! Smile

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6