Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL
Hey guys. How ya doin'? I've done this song, conservatively 5 times (with about 5 remixes of each mix) before, and I finally finally finally finaly finally think I hit it.

I hope to never mix this again.

Ever

Draper
*edit*
EVER
*edit
EVER!!!

Mix 3. Please God of gods, in the name of all that is holy in the World of Mix, please let this be it. I would really appreciate not coming back to this.

.mp3    YET ONCE AGAIN.mp3 --  (Download: 12.4 MB)

.mp3    YET ONCE AGAIN 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.67 MB)

.mp3    YET ONCE AGAIN 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.38 MB)

Weird buss compression going on. . . dammit

I hope to never mix this again.

Ever

Draper
[/quote]

Mix again.

The vocals are too high

The kick drum is no where to be found

The bass is too low

The guitars sound like their transients are crushed and it makes them less exciting.

Start by balancing your levels and panning and then go from there. Its not a compression issue here, its a mixing issue.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Jesus my voice is super loud. You're right on all counts. I don't know why I felt like I kept losing my vocals while I was mixing it.

Don't worry, I'll mix it again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Draper
Okay, I don't know how much better I can make this at this point. I think *he crosses his fingers* I have it down. Power, clarity, tried to get some movement through the different sections. Realized I had to crank the snot out of the high end on the snare to get it where I wanted it.

Please let this be good. Please?

Draper

(Mix is up top)
Don't think I have enough low end in the bass. . . he said sarcastically.
Final Mix? Up top.

Mix 3. Please God of gods, in the name of all that is holy in the World of Mix, please let this be it. I would really appreciate not coming back to this.
[/quote]

The bass distortion is obscuring the intonation of the bass and its too low in the mix
I also hear a lot of bass energy in the 100hz. area.

The drums are somewhat dry and lack impact. the kick sounds low in the mix by like 3 db.

The vocals need a De esser, they fatigue my ears. and they are too loud in the soft parts of the song.

I like the automation in the bridge.
The guitars are kind of lost.

This is a solid improvement from you first mixes. I would drop this one for now and come back to it in a week or too in order to gain some perspective.
Good luck.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1