Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nova-One Studio - Four Graham
hello guys Every comment is appreciated Blush

.mp3    my mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.36 MB)

(12-06-2017, 05:24 PM)cicoria86 Wrote: hello guys Every comment is appreciated Blush

The panning in the beginning intro is jarring and way loud.

The compression is causing pumping but not in a good way.

The reverb has lots of low mid content that makes your vocals sound round and distant.

I would start over and get your balance right first and panning.

Then Eq where its needed.

This mix is unfortunately all over the place. FX/Vol/Pan/Dynamics.

There needs to be some consistency.

Scrape it and mix again.

Good luck.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
I can see where you were trying to go in this mix and it sounds like you were headed in a good direction but I agree that there are concerns. Balance issues, a bit of mud (always watch 300-350 Hz, especially in drum tracks), over compression.

One thing I suggest is taking some time with a rubber band EQ on each instrument and just set up a modest peak with about a 6dB boost. Then just sweep back and forth and get a feel for what sound is where as well as what sounds really bad when you boost it that way. Then do the same with a -6dB cut. See where it sounds better or worse as you move around. As you do this, also note where each instrument tends to live (what frequency bands). That will help you get a better idea of how to get rid of the undesirable tones as well as knowing what to notch elsewhere to help everyone play nicely together in the sandbox.

Compressors are tricky creatures. Just enough and it makes a world of difference but just enough with a very short attack time or an overly long release can kill the sound just as easily as too much gain reduction. It'll take time to get used to how to apply. (After a few classes and a year or two of practice, I *still* find I struggle at times.)

Anyway, Good first attempt. Onward and upward!
Old West Audio
my new mix a year later, any comment is appreciate

.mp3    my mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.25 MB)