Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B: 'Suit You'
(18-06-2017, 07:58 AM)thedon Wrote:
(17-06-2017, 02:37 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Not bad, especially after I turned it up. The one that got though was the brick wall on the kick. Nicely done.

Thanks for the feedback ,almost finished version 2 , Didn't save and computer crashed after a 4 hour session Angry but probably was a good thing lol Big Grin

Cheers Big Grin

ooo. Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I hope you can recreate what you had going.
I recently made a change to my platform as my old tired desktop just did not have the guts anymore to run the latest Presonus DAW. So by leveraging Dante and Via, I moved the DAW to a spare rack server on my home network with plenty of CPUs and tons of memory. Now I run a remote desktop to the Windows 10 Creators Edition installed on that server platform and I get a super powerful DAW while listening to my desktop speakers like I did when the DAW was local. And the data resides on my SAN.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(18-06-2017, 10:44 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(18-06-2017, 07:58 AM)thedon Wrote:
(17-06-2017, 02:37 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Not bad, especially after I turned it up. The one that got though was the brick wall on the kick. Nicely done.

Thanks for the feedback ,almost finished version 2 , Didn't save and computer crashed after a 4 hour session Angry but probably was a good thing lol Big Grin

Cheers Big Grin

ooo. Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I hope you can recreate what you had going.
I recently made a change to my platform as my old tired desktop just did not have the guts anymore to run the latest Presonus DAW. So by leveraging Dante and Via, I moved the DAW to a spare rack server on my home network with plenty of CPUs and tons of memory. Now I run a remote desktop to the Windows 10 Creators Edition installed on that server platform and I get a super powerful DAW while listening to my desktop speakers like I did when the DAW was local. And the data resides on my SAN.
Great Idea I need to do this ,I'm using wireless router at the moment are you using wired or wireless network to access your server ?

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Quote:Great Idea I need to do this ,I'm using wireless router at the moment are you using wired or wireless network to access your server ?

I am actually using both. The key though is Dante must run on a wired network (for latency issues). Most of my machines are multi-homed, meaning they have more than one network interface whether it be multiple Ethernet interfaces or Ethernet and wireless. You can run your remote desktop connection across the wireless but Dante must be wired. To keep traffic separated the Dante interfaces are on different networks than the one used for Internet and remote desktop connections. It works quit well and now I can mix from any desktop on my network. If you do install your DAW on a remote platform, keep in mind Dante will not work on a multi-user platform like a server OS. This is an industry restriction so DAW manufacturers can hold onto their rights to eventually host their DAWs in their own clouds, when and if the technology supports it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]