Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B Suit You , mix3 uploaded
Version 3 feels a bit muffled to me. I think just the guitars. But I think I like brighter guitars than most. Maybe it's the effect that's on the guitar.
(15-06-2017, 06:46 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Version 3 feels a bit muffled to me. I think just the guitars. But I think I like brighter guitars than most. Maybe it's the effect that's on the guitar.

Thanks Roy I totally agree with you I don't usually delete my mixes but I think I will redo mix3 within the next couple of days.
Mix 3 is done and i must say i feel better with this one thanks to all comments,what do you guys think?
It feels pretty rock and roll so the mix fits the song. It feels "tight" and the overall compression may be a little heavy handed but the tone works. The guitars are a little loud overall. I think bringing them back might ease up on the mix compression and open up the mix a bit. The background vocals, too, feel loud. The piano is getting a little lost.

The lead vocals are a little buried but I think the guitars might be overpowering them. Also, the lead vocals have an occasional upper midrange peak. Especially in the chorus on the word "see".

The drums and bass feel fine but again get dominated by the guitars.

Overall, it's a pretty satisfying mix for this kind of song. I think bringing the guitars back might solve a lot of issues the mix has or at least would be a start.
Very cool. Good things in all three mixes. You are truly the loudness king.
The soft mix stands out for me. I like your guitars very much and how you found good real estate for the piano, not an easy task against the powerful electrics.
The only thing of concern is the guitars are teetering on the edge of harsh when you turn it up for punch. No pain, no gain?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
[quote='Mixinthecloud' pid='60073' dateline='1497764201']
Very cool. Good things in all three mixes. You are truly the loudness king.
The soft mix stands out for me. I like your guitars very much and how you found good real estate for the piano, not an easy task against the powerful electrics.
The only thing of concern is the guitars are teetering on the edge of harsh when you turn it up for punch. No pain, no gain?
[/quote
Thanks very much for listening and comments.