Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B Suit You , mix3 uploaded
Not sure of this genre but i liked the track so i decided to give it a go,all comments are welcomedSmile.

.mp3    JetB Suit You.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

.mp3    JetB Suit You Quieter Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

.mp3    JetB Suit You Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

It's slick mix. The intro guitar maybe a little loud and kind of throws off the ear for the rest of the song. The kick is pretty big and takes up a lot of sonic real estate. It could probably could come back. The lead vocals get a little lost but the backgrounds feel good. I suppose my only real complaint is that the mix is pretty loud in general and has a bit of 'crispiness'. It works ok for the rock and roll tone but it may be a bit much.

Hope that helps.
Hey !

Yeah the mix is a bit loud and I really was surprised.
For the vocals, I would suggest you to use less FX, especially in verses.
The bass is a bit too loud and masks the kick when they play together. You can try subtractive EQ to solve that problem.

Cheers
Hi Cudjoe ,
I like your mix ,love the cool vocal effects as a personal taste thing maybe just a touch less .
Having a quick listen ,Thinking your mix Would sound even more Awesome with a slight dip around 3-6k on the electric guitars and a touch more punch with a touch less compression !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(11-06-2017, 04:04 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It's slick mix. The intro guitar maybe a little loud and kind of throws off the ear for the rest of the song. The kick is pretty big and takes up a lot of sonic real estate. It could probably could come back. The lead vocals get a little lost but the backgrounds feel good. I suppose my only real complaint is that the mix is pretty loud in general and has a bit of 'crispiness'. It works ok for the rock and roll tone but it may be a bit much.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for that i will look into it.
(11-06-2017, 05:11 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

Yeah the mix is a bit loud and I really was surprised.
For the vocals, I would suggest you to use less FX, especially in verses.
The bass is a bit too loud and masks the kick when they play together. You can try subtractive EQ to solve that problem.

Cheers
Cheers for your comments
(12-06-2017, 10:15 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe ,
I like your mix ,love the cool vocal effects as a personal taste thing maybe just a touch less .
Having a quick listen ,Thinking your mix Would sound even more Awesome with a slight dip around 3-6k on the electric guitars and a touch more punch with a touch less compression !

Well Done Big Grin
Thanks don for your comments.
Oooch!Thats LOUD! Thanks guys for your comments,man i think i have damaged my virtual vu meters lol,i had no reference track and while mixing the final stage i was having a beer and feeling good not even looking at the meters until today.
Cool Stuff Cudjoe.

I tend to like the loudness thing overall, although I do favour the quieter mix of the two. This version is loud enough for me!

I am in complete agreeance (if that's a proper word) with Don on the elect guitars. They are sounding a little harsh me end in the same freq. areas.

I guess for me the only thing I would like is if the drums were a touch more forward and driving, but thats just a taste thing, and I've got a strange taste in music, trust me. You wanna see my record collection.Undecided It's crazy!Smile

Great Work Bloke!Big Grin
(14-06-2017, 12:47 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Cool Stuff Cudjoe.

I tend to like the loudness thing overall, although I do favour the quieter mix of the two. This version is loud enough for me!

I am in complete agreeance (if that's a proper word) with Don on the elect guitars. They are sounding a little harsh me end in the same freq. areas.

I guess for me the only thing I would like is if the drums were a touch more forward and driving, but thats just a taste thing, and I've got a strange taste in music, trust me. You wanna see my record collection.Undecided It's crazy!Smile

Great Work Bloke!Big Grin
Thanks Dave for your comments i have made some adjustments on mix3 ,
ive added more "Grit,Dirt,Attitude"what ever you want to call it to vocals also guitars and tried to get rid of the harshness which you and Don commented on.
All comments are welcomed.