Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phre The Eon: 'Everybody's Falling Apart' kapu mix
Tried the sympathy angle. ^_^

.m4a    phre_the_eon-__everybody_s_falling_apart__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

It feels a little two dimensional. Everything, especially the vocals, are all very in your face. The balances and tonality are ok but they're all just 'right there'. If that makes sense. I t could work but needs a bit of breathing room.
(11-06-2017, 03:21 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels a little two [...]

Thanks for listening! This one of those things thats keeps puzzling me; I mean does the mix absoluteluly need space and dimension, like french fries need tomato ketchup? Anyways, I left it very dry on purpose, but that might have been a bad call. ^_^
That's a fair question and 'space' may just be a matter of taste. I think it ultimately comes down to the song and band. A jazz band probably needs that space and depth. A rap song could all be right in your face.
Wow Nice punchy solid mix love it ,this song is a blast from the past ,I remember this being a challenge at the time !
Listening in mono on horrortone every thing has it's own space which one i found a challenge especially in mono !
Listening on headphones I like the subtle panned cymbals ,toms ,electric and acoustic strumming works for me !

Well Done !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(21-06-2017, 09:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Wow Nice punchy [...]

Thanks. I tried to go small and minimalistic with this. ^_^