Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! 1st mix
Hi everyone, so pleased to have found this site. I'm new here and also pretty new to mixing: Or rather, I've been mixing my own stuff forever but only decided to try and improve recently!

Anyway, here's my 1st mix, nowhere near some of the others I've heard, and so any pointers and greatly welcomed!

.mp3    suit you sir.mp3 --  (Download: 3.28 MB)

This is the best place to make some improvement. Big Grin
I think the best pointers for you at the moment, is to stick at it and keep mixing. The more you mix the better you will get.
Overall your balances are pretty good with everything being audible. The drums in general need some work, or maybe you have overcooked them already with the processing you have implemented. I'm not sure. I think the best thing you can do is to reference some commercial tracks you like and try and close in on their sound the best you can. A real ear training exercise.
Stick at itBig Grin
Try and upload your files with a higher resolution "320kbps" The audio you have uploaded is very lossy. especially in the side channels.
Keep busy and keep mixing.
Thank you for taking the time to give me some advice, I really appreciate it, and will be following it too Big Grin

Nick.

(11-06-2017, 12:59 AM)Dangerous Wrote: This is the best place to make some improvement. Big Grin
I think the best pointers for you at the moment, is to stick at it and keep mixing. The more you mix the better you will get.
Overall your balances are pretty good with everything being audible. The drums in general need some work, or maybe you have overcooked them already with the processing you have implemented. I'm not sure. I think the best thing you can do is to reference some commercial tracks you like and try and close in on their sound the best you can. A real ear training exercise.
Stick at itBig Grin
Try and upload your files with a higher resolution "320kbps" The audio you have uploaded is very lossy. especially in the side channels.
Keep busy and keep mixing.

I did not find much wrong with your mix. In fact I thought it well done. I especially liked your snare.
Keep up the good work and keep posting. I do agree the 320 KHz version of MP3 will result in better audio.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thank you very much!

I will try and find a way of encoding my MP3s at a better quality Smile

Nick