Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Help needed -Duty&Memories mix
Hello, and thanks to the band for posting the tracks.

If you have time I need to know how the music is sounding. I have been trying some new things on the drums to get them to sound bigger. I've been struggling with them so hopefully they are sounding better Also, any thoughts on the GT an bass sounds. I haven't did anything with the vocals other than bring them up in the mix still need to add processing to them .

I did add a kic sample everything else was what was supplied.

Thanks for the time and any other Thoughts!

.mp3    Perpetual Escape\'s \'Duty & Memories\' 4.mp3 --  (Download: 12.68 MB)

Hi there ! I'm PE's drummer and mix engineer

You achieved a well balanced mix, congrats ! The guitars drive the song all along.
Choruses sound much darker and less stereo that verses. Is that on purpose ? It's probably coming from the lack of keys during the choruses. You can play with the stereo of the guitars or maybe make them more aggressive ? Nothing really wrong actually, just a matter of taste.

I really like the drum FX you added here and there. Nice touch Smile

The bass is a bit rumbling in the lows. You can tame it with a compressor or a multiband compressor. I feel a constant "Rrrmmmm" at 100-120 Hz I would say.

The lead guitar at the end should be louder. I can barely hear it.

Nice job !
(07-06-2017, 07:04 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi there ! I'm PE's drummer and mix engineer

You achieved a well balanced mix, congrats ! The guitars drive the song all along.

Thanks, Right now I'm working on trying to get my drums, bass and GT sounds together. I hope the new things I'm experimenting with are going to help my mixes get to the next level.

Quote:Choruses sound much darker and less stereo that verses. Is that on purpose ? It's probably coming from the lack of keys during the choruses.

Yes at this point it was what was working sound wise, but not sure once I get the vocals added in things might change. I would like too of heard maybe some keys or something in the chorus' but maybe i can do something more with the guitar sound tho as you said ." You can play with the stereo of the guitars or maybe make them more aggressive ? "

Quote: I really like the drum FX you added here and there. Nice touch Smile

I did add some delay with 4 different setting along with panning also verb to the drums track but there was some good stuff already there tho.

Quote:The bass is a bit rumbling in the lows. You can tame it with a compressor or a multiband compressor. I feel a constant "Rrrmmmm" at 100-120 Hz I would say.

Thanks I will look in to the bass sound some more.

Quote:The lead guitar at the end should be louder. I can barely hear it.

Sorry I should of added that also ,I just brought the fader up didn't do anything yet to it.

Hey, thanks again for the listen.