Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B: 'Suit You' Mix 1
(Edit) "Updated with a new mix. Just went more straight with to vocals. Tried to tighten the snare. Some more Kick and just little touch ups."

(First Post) Went for a more aggressive mix. Was trying for a Halestorm type but more Rock.

First track = mix01

Updated Track = mix03

.mp3    JetB - Suit You (mix 01).mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

.mp3    JetB - Suit You (Mix 03).mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

Hi man, I really like your mix but the vocal distortion effect is a little distracting and honestly sounds like white noise across the whole mix. However the instrumental mix is really good
Thanks. I was trying to get a more aggressive mix on the vocals. Was trying to find a way to make them stick out more in the verses. Going to have to go back and try something else haha.

(09-06-2017, 09:36 AM)hbuster Wrote: Hi man, I really like your mix but the vocal distortion effect is a little distracting and honestly sounds like white noise across the whole mix. However the instrumental mix is really good

Would have to agree with hb. General mix is excellent but the vox have too much of a smear on them. Maybe tighten the snare verb. Like your lead guitar environment alot. Great start.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks. Im working on it now.testing out something different to spice it up in the verses and work that snare reverb tighten it up.

(17-06-2017, 02:13 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Would have to agree with hb. General mix is excellent but the vox have too much of a smear on them. Maybe tighten the snare verb. Like your lead guitar environment alot. Great start.

posted a new track update let me know what you think. The vocals in this song or still not where I think I want them. But sometimes it's like that right haha.

Thanks.
Second mix is significantly better. The cleaner vocals and less buried snare help everything else to gel. Keep up the good work.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for the feedback. I enjoy hearing what other people hear lol.

(19-06-2017, 02:09 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Second mix is significantly better. The cleaner vocals and less buried snare help everything else to gel. Keep up the good work.