Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B - Suit You: Braddersthemod mix
Great song. I tried to bring out the heavyness in the guitars by not making them to shrill or trebbly.
The bass drum was a real challenge, im still not sure it sounds that great to be honest, so any suggestions on improving that would be appreciated.
I cut out alot of the mids on the bass guitar so as to lose some of the harsh pick attack that was going on.
Also struggled with making the vocals sit right - added some paralell compression and also some delay to beef them up a bit.
Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks
Bradders

.mp3    jet b mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.07 MB)

Nice! Kind of realistic feel with the sound stage. The kick seems to be lacking the beater clicks or snaps, and it now has a light jazzy vibe. You might want to dial in a more powerful and aggressive tone for it. The drums in general have older rock n roll type of sound, which might a bit off with the modern hard rock stack amp guitars. Individually they sound great, but together they sound like the band has hired a some type of prog jazz drummer who barely touches the shells with 7A sticks. Highly subjective personal point of view. ^_^
Just a quick listen. It's not bad. It could use some tweaks.

The kick is a little too "thud-y" It's a good quality but could use some more click to help it poke through and maybe some lows to give it more power.
The bass feels ok but I think it could use a hair more of that pick sound back. It's a dense mix and everything seems to need that extra definition to come through everything. Right now a lot of the bass is in that same thud area as kick.
I've found with this song that most effects tend to take the vocals out of the mix and make it harder for them to fit with the rest of the band. As many things I try to put on the vocal it just doesn't seem to work.

Hope that helps.