Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B: 'Suit You'
A sensible move with the kick. It's variation is difficult to work with.

Overall a great sound Mick, my only critique is as per kapu and RM''s comments in relation to the bass. I think it would be beneficial to tame some of it's high frequencies a tad.

Well Done.
(06-06-2017, 11:55 AM)Dangerous Wrote: A sensible move with the kick. It's variation is difficult to work with.

Overall a great sound Mick, my only critique is as per kapu and RM''s comments in relation to the bass. I think it would be beneficial to tame some of it's high frequencies a tad.

Well Done.

Thanks Dave, appreciate it

I enjoyed every sound you went with here. A couple of things bugged me though. Your panning. It seems to be absolute left right or center. Nothing in between which makes them fight for space with all the other parts in the wings. For the most part they are all discernible, but it was a bit fatiguing and the there was a void inside the space. With the inspiration you showed in your tonal balances, I think you could be as creative with placement too. Automation. I think there are some spots in verses and solos where levels could be tweaked. Both of these are relatively minor and are creative issues not technical ones. Over all it is a good listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-06-2017, 12:25 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I enjoyed every sound you went with here. A couple of things bugged me though. Your panning. It seems to be absolute left right or center. Nothing in between which makes them fight for space with all the other parts in the wings. For the most part they are all discernible, but it was a bit fatiguing and the there was a void inside the space. With the inspiration you showed in your tonal balances, I think you could be as creative with placement too. Automation. I think there are some spots in verses and solos where levels could be tweaked. Both of these are relatively minor and are creative issues not technical ones. Over all it is a good listen.

Thanks for listening, appreciate the detailed comments. Cheers, Mick
Hey Mick ,I like your mix it sounds good on my monitors pretty much repeating what everyone has mentioned.
Love that slappy bass sound just had a thought ,maybe just taming the transients at around 3k with a narrow q dynamic eq like a TDR Nova with a fast attack and release, I will give it a go on my remix Big Grin

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(13-06-2017, 12:37 PM)thedon Wrote: Hey Mick ,I like your mix it sounds good on my monitors pretty much repeating what everyone has mentioned.
Love that slappy bass sound just had a thought ,maybe just taming the transients at around 3k with a narrow q dynamic eq like a TDR Nova with a fast attack and release, I will give it a go on my remix Big Grin

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks Don, appreciate the suggestions. Cheers, Mick
Seems like you went for a honking guitar section. Against everyone else's mix it is almost refreshing. I do like how the guitars and the bass meld very well. I think you could do some tonal tweaks in the mastering which could bring out some added fullness, top and bottom.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]