Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B: 'Suit You'
Hello mixing friends. Worked on bringing out the aggressive tones in this one, decided to use a sample on the kick as the existing one was a bit inconsistent. Rock n roll, dudes.

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    Suit You.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Cool, the guitars sound nice and ballsy.

The drums could use some more punch, perhaps. Try cutting some mids 200-500 out of the kick and maybe turn down the bass a notch after letting it's lowend open up.

Greetings!
Greetings Spadaro! Thanks for listening, appreciate the feedback.
Good kick sound.i find the guitars a bit too forward ,vocal more up front would be nice.
Overall eq sounds pretty good on my monitors .
Hey Alan, thanks for listening! Appreciate the comments, cheers Smile
Sounds good. I agree with Spardo. The kick is a little flappy for my taste and could more weight behind it. The bass is a little buzzy and could come back a hair.
The lead vocal feels fine but the verse vocal DT could come up. The chorus BGVs could sit back in the mix more and feel a little bigger.

Overall it sounds pretty good. It could use some minor tweaks but it's really close.
The 'edge' of bass cuts through quite hard. Everything else sounds ready. The kick might need some tweaking. I think guitars sound very good. Solid work!
Thanks Kapu, appreciate it. Cheers, Mick
Great mix. The kick replacement works really well. Could maybe lose a bit around the 200 - 500 mark to lose some of the harsh edge, but over all a really good mix.
Cheers braddersthemod Smile