Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
IAM ALRIGHT UNITY MIX
hey guys ..
this what I like to call a unity mix ive used absolutey no plugin
ive just used EQ bring out each instruments dynamic points..
WHY....
I THINK EVERONES OVER COMPLICATING THINGS
I NO EVERONE HAS THERE OWN UNIQUE STYLE OF MIXING BUT THE FUNDAMENTAL ARE ALL THE SAME

SO PLEASE DONT BEAT OTHERE PERSONS MIXS DOWN Huh
THIS JUST GOS TO SHOW YOU EFX PLUGIN DONT MAKE YOUR MIX YOU SHOULD ...
NOTE!! 2ND MIX HAS LITE PLUGINS ADD IT NOT A MASTERED VER.
THANKS GUYS FOR SUPPORTING THE TRACK
MIKE Smile
THROW ME SOME FEEL BACK .. PLEASE

.mp3    IAM ALRIGHT {dry} NO EFX NO COMPRESSION MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

.mp3    I\'AM ALRIGHT.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

The bass drum got buried and the cymbals jump out on my speakers. I feel the electric and acoustic compete for space and the vocals aren't sitting on top. I did follow your philosophy on my mix, I mixed it dry and then added effects to add depth and dynamics. If it sounds good raw then it's easier to make it sound great effected.
TOOK SOME HI'S OUT AND WORK THE KICK OUT A BIT THE MULTIBAND WASHED IT AWAY MY CAR STEREO TOLD A HOLE DIFFRENT STORY

SO I WORKED THE MIX TO NEW SPEAKERS IS LIKE NEW EARS ....

.mp3    I\'AM ALRIGHT HI\'S CUT.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

(01-07-2013, 09:29 PM)metamusic Wrote: The bass drum got buried and the cymbals jump out on my speakers. I feel the electric and acoustic compete for space and the vocals aren't sitting on top. I did follow your philosophy on my mix, I mixed it dry and then added effects to add depth and dynamics. If it sounds good raw then it's easier to make it sound great effected.

DID YOU NOT HEAR THE FRIST MIX THAT IS WHAT I DID SILLY NO EFX MIX.. AND CHECK YOUR SPEAKERS SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEM. AND I ALWAY WRITE IN CAPS SO IAM NOT PISSED OR ANYTHING ..Cool
To me the mx sounds a bit thin and i cant hear the kick
(02-07-2013, 01:42 AM)takka360 Wrote: To me the mx sounds a bit thin and i cant hear the kick

Huhwhat in the hell do you listen thru a cheap dollar store boombox if not
on the real !!!!!!!!!!!! you need your ears checked ..Confused cause it loud and clear in all 8 system it played on .. I was going to pull it back as the band said it was to much ...
Ns 10s ,but sorry to me that lick is getting lost in the chorus
Hi,

I am listening to your second mix.

My feedback:

The overall balances are quite ok!
I think this mix has too much 'highs' and lacks meat in the mids.
The snare and the acoustic guitar sounds thin to me and can use some low-end.

Cheers!

RJ

(01-07-2013, 05:20 PM)mikrostudios Wrote: hey guys ..
this what I like to call a unity mix ive used absolutey no plugin
ive just used EQ bring out each instruments dynamic points..
WHY....
I THINK EVERONES OVER COMPLICATING THINGS
I NO EVERONE HAS THERE OWN UNIQUE STYLE OF MIXING BUT THE FUNDAMENTAL ARE ALL THE SAME

SO PLEASE DONT BEAT OTHERE PERSONS MIXS DOWN Huh
THIS JUST GOS TO SHOW YOU EFX PLUGIN DONT MAKE YOUR MIX YOU SHOULD ...
NOTE!! 2ND MIX HAS LITE PLUGINS ADD IT NOT A MASTERED VER.
THANKS GUYS FOR SUPPORTING THE TRACK
MIKE Smile
THROW ME SOME FEEL BACK .. PLEASE

All right listening to the Hi's Cut version of the mix. What I noticed in no particular order.

- Entire mix is lacking in lower mid weight.

- Drums have pretty good overall tonality to them, maybe in terms of dynamics the cymbals are a bit strong. But then again my mix had pretty strong cymbals so overall maybe a wash of a comment.

- Vocals have a good presence if maybe hiding a bit in the high end.

Really I have no big complaints about the mix other than my first and third comments. Like the mix has a darn good amount of clarity to it. Some of the instruments I felt could have been brought a bit more to front of the mix at times. But the problem I hear is a total lack of weight. Yes, the harmonics are there but the way they're balanced in comparison to everything else is definitely leaving something to desired. But no doubt quite a nice mix. Just needs more weight I think.