Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outer
Here is my first attempt at this song. Let me know what you guys think.

Frank

.mp3    Outer2m.mp3 --  (Download: 5.28 MB)

overall, a pretty well balanced mix. I like your vocals and its interesting to hear a such a bass driven interpretation. Nice guitars too.

My main observation is that the snare needs to be more present, but not just the 200hz thwack , it needs the upper mid range smack too (5-10khz).

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(05-06-2017, 02:56 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: overall, a pretty well balanced mix. I like your vocals and its interesting to hear a such a bass driven interpretation. Nice guitars too.

My main observation is that the snare needs to be more present, but not just the 200hz thwack , it needs the upper mid range smack too (5-10khz).

cheers, Simon

Thank you for your kind words, I was trying to fill and clear up the mix and I guess my ears hear the bass a bit stranger than most. I did fight with the concept of having more snare but I did bring it back in the end.

Regards, Frank