Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Suit You" in the bedroom
Hi guys!

Here's my mix, done in my bedroom. Big Grin

Feel free to make any comment you like. I would like to hear from you guys! I will comment on the other mixes as much as I can.

Thank you so much.

.mp3    suityou_mixMP3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

.mp3    suitsyou_mix_v02_MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

I could only give it a quick listen but here's what I hear.
It sounds pretty good. I think the guitars feel a little squashed and restrained and maybe could use a some low end filtering. The chorus vocals are the biggest issue pretty loud and jump out of the mix. The effect is cool but vocals could come back and maybe back off the effect to ground the part to the mix some more.
I'm kind of losing the bass. I can feel it but it could be a little more defined. I like how it pops out at the top and miss that sound during the rest of the song.

Overall it's a cool mix. I like the effects. I think in needs some adjustments but it's not that far off.
Hope that helps.
I like the filter sweep at the beginning - pretty good sound overall, if a little on the harsh and brittle side.
Hi guys!

Thanks for your very valuable feedbacks! I totally agree with your points. I decided to re-mix it from scratch. I didn't like some many aspects of my mix either. I edited the original post to add my second version.

Thanks for your inputs!

Mix 2: Very cool. I like the inventive unfolding of the intro, but the lead which eventually carries the melody seems slightly buried. After that things go very nicely. Great BIG drums and nice vocals. Not sure you needed all the effects on the solo guitar only because it disappears too much when it should be singing.

Question for you. Is the lead singer male or female?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(31-10-2017, 02:45 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Question for you. Is the lead singer male or female?
The singer is definitely a woman.