Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cunegonda: Guerra Alla Frontiera kapu mix
Seems we had similar ideas about the mix,that reverb on the backing vocals sounds really cool and gives the mix a spacey vibe! Overall I can't really complain but I will say that the guitars and bass would benefit from some low end, right now they're "tight" as far as fuzz tones go, but they lack girth and a certain chewiness.
Can't really say much more than that.

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(20-06-2017, 07:13 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Seems we had [...]

Thanks! The reverb was some church preset or something from Space Designer, and I kind of hoped it would make the backing vocals parts feel bigger or something. ^_^
Not bad at all! I have a couple suggestions based on what I heard in my headphones:

- The vocal reverb is great and sounds 'heavenly', but I would back it off just a hair.
- I feel like there is some pumping in the mix, mainly in the drums. I don't know if you added bus compression, but if you added any compression on the drums, especially the kick and snare, I would back it off a bit.
- Guitar tone is great, but I would low cut them more. I thought I heard some subby frequencies.
- Bass feels a bit thin for my taste. I assume you really pushed it out of the way for the kick which is fine, but I feel like there is a lack of fullness/presence here. Turn up the lows maybe?

That's all I really got. Pretty good overall! Smile

Cheers,
Nick
(27-12-2018, 07:17 AM)Nick Wrote: Not bad [...]

thanks for listening! this is just one of those mixes which makes me want to bury my head in sand. i like pumping stuff, but i think i went way too far here. there are moments here when it kind of works, but mostly its too much. ^_^