Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit you !!!
RockĀ“n roll baby!!!!!

mixed in the box with Studio One 3 by Presonus, waves plugins.

hope you like.
Any input??

Sergio

Here is the V2 of suit you

.mp3    suit you.mp3 --  (Download: 8.3 MB)

.mp3    suit you 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.3 MB)

Quick off the mark, as usual Sergio.

Nice sounding mix, perhaps just a bit boomy in the lower register. A non critical listen whist working. Well Done.

Dave
Thanks Dave !!!! Cheers, I'm going to check the bass boomy in the mix. Maybe the bass is a little louder
+1 on the boominess.
Here's a reference track for you "Slash's Snakepit - Been There Lately"
(31-05-2017, 02:42 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Quick off the mark, as usual Sergio.

Nice sounding mix, perhaps just a bit boomy in the lower register. A non critical listen whist working. Well Done.

Dave

check the V2 please.
Listened version 2. I like your 2nd and 4th beat driven approach, although I feel the snare is a bit too snappy for this. It could work better if the kick was stronger, or the snare was darker. Great separation in a technical sense. I was just thinking, that the clarity you've achieved leaves very little room for listeners imagination and 'feel'. Rock mix usually works better if you left some 'mess' in the overall sound. This is of course a personal preference. ^_^
I agree with everything that kapu said. In addition, the vocals feel a little separated from the rest of the mix. I like the touch of distortion but I think the vocals could come back in the mix. You might be fighting the distortion and bringing up the vocals to get back the clarity that the distortion is taking away.

The bass could still use a little more definition. It's a little too thick. I think that would also open up some more room for the kick and that could be a little bigger and more powerful. The guitars could probably use a little high pass filtering but it's hard for me to tell right now. But I'm guessing if you clean up the bottom end of the guitars then the low end of the bass doesn't have to compete so the bass can thin out leaving more room for the kick. It's probably all interconnected.

Just some food for thought.
Thanks guys for the concepts, about my mix.
I will look for some reference to improve my mix, I will be working on it.
thank you very much!!!
(01-06-2017, 03:43 AM)flyrecords Wrote:
(31-05-2017, 02:42 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Quick off the mark, as usual Sergio.

Dave

check the V2 please.

V2 much better Sergio,

Listening in the studio this time round, I'm finding the bass is still a little resonant around the 130hz mark. Working with this track I found a narrow-ish cut here was beneficial. Regardless a great improvement on V1Big Grin