Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Needed some additional production for a better flow
I completed this mix a while back but didn't get to post the results due to the site being down until recently.

The vibe of this song (as well as its title) made me think of the horror movie, “The Ring”. For this reason, once I completed the actual technical mix, I added in some texture and atmosphere to parts of the song to give it that horror movie type of vibe.

The raw recordings for the song were pretty decent although issues with the drums were revealed as the mixing process cleaned things up allowing the defects to be heard clearly.

Even though this is a heavy song with growl style vocals, I still believe that the vocals themselves need to be clear, upfront and impactful. You need not only to hear but also to feel the aggression and this is something that I feel I achieved with this mix, as dense as it was.

I added in an intro that I created using some of my own effects as well as playing around with a vocal part from later in the song. I also added some additional production as transition effects between parts of the song to make it flow better as I felt that some parts felt separate and abrupt.

I'm really happy with how this mix turned out. Hope you guys like it too.

Cheers
-Vinay

.mp3    TheWell_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

Nice mix,you got the kick banging and everything gells together pretty well.
Good work
Pretty good! Snare needs some less body and more top end.
(02-08-2017, 04:25 PM)takka360 Wrote: Nice mix,you got the kick banging and everything gells together pretty well.
Good work

Hi Alan. Thanks for your kind comments. Glad you liked my mix :-)
(09-09-2017, 03:20 AM)jaykay Wrote: Pretty good! Snare needs some less body and more top end.

Hey. Glad you like it overall. Thanks too for your feedback. You might be right about the snare but at the time that I was mixing this, I was referencing stuff like The Black Dahlia Murder and their snare sound feels like it is all body.