Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - What i Want - Mix and Master
Being back here, i post an old mix and master of this beautiful song !
Here to share and listen to constructive critics, eventhough i won't tweak this piece of music again, as it's been a while i did it Wink

Always open to discuss about what, where, when, why, how ! I do remember how i did it !

Greetings from Paris

.mp3    THE BREW - What i want.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

Music is pleasure, Mixing is my hobby and they are both my jobs :)
Sounds good. I really like the dynamics. I think the stereo image could be a little more balanced. I don't mind the piano hard panned right but it feels like there should be something on the left to even things out. The vocal could be a little bigger. It's a little bright and slightly harsh in the upper mids. If those could be tamed a little bit then the vocals could come forward more and compete with the rest of the band. The vocal level is good, maybe even a little loud, but the rest of the band feels huge in comparison. Maybe an effect like reverb or stereo delay would give it some more girth.

I like the effects. Subtle but effective.

Overall it sounds great.
Good job
Thanks Roy !
Yeah, you're totally right about the harsh in the upper mids ! I discover it now, as i changed my monitoring chain since. Vocal level is something very specific to culture, here in France, don't know why, we tend to mix vocals upfront, seems i did it this way Wink
Appreciate the comments anyway, constructive and precise !

Music is pleasure, Mixing is my hobby and they are both my jobs :)